Saturday, October 30, 2010

to a forever mother

 Small shallow breaths
To slow the rapid beats
Of my broken heart
Forever seeking a moment that
Will forever be just out of reach
A physical loss of the life of a child
A child never born
But who lived inside the womb and heart
Of a forever mother
Never forgotten
Remembered forever and always
A mother’s undying love
A constant vigil
For
What will always be
The life of a child never made imperfect
And so I will forever remember loving you
A soul untouched
By a world driven by pride
A spirit in its purest form
Free to look down upon us
Free to watch as we grow
And ready ourselves to meet our maker
And he smiles
My angel child spirit
As he knows that he will be but a season remembered
Lord take my hand
As I feel myself falling into the sadness
In the still of the quiet
With each breath
With the steady rhythm of my heart
I will remember you
A memory still
A memory always you’ll be
Forever perfect
In the still quiet moments
Forever small, forever a dream
A perfect forever dream

No comments:

Post a Comment